GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
A gender responsive educational institution where stakeholders enjoy equal responsibilities and opportunities.
CvSU–GAD Resource Center shall integrate and advocate gender equity and equality principles and perspectives in providing instruction, research and extension services.
The GAD Resource Center shall aim for:
1. Sustainable and gender responsive instruction, research, community development and involvement;
2. Gender equity and equality among the academic community;
3. Sustainable partnership and cooperation among stakeholders; and
4. Gender responsive governance.
1. Strengthen the capacity of faculty members in the integration of GAD and other issues and concerns in the course syllabi and instructional materials;
2. Enhance data and information on women’s participation in politics, economics, education, peace and order and other activities, and disseminate information to clients;
3. Improve level of understanding, awareness, and responsiveness of residents of the community and members of other organizations on GAD issues and concerns and laws on women;
4. Establish a repository for gender-related instruction, research, and extension materials and other forms of literature on gender and development;
5. Strengthen accessibility of men and women to knowledge management products, resources and networks;
6. Establish networks and linkages with other local, national, and international organizations;
7. Ensure that the sex-disaggregated data and other vital information obtained from its operations shall be used as basis in decision making processes; and
8. Sustain the gender mainstreaming efforts of the University.
SHORT DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE OFFICE
Gender and Development integrates and advocates gender equity and equality principles and perspectives in providing instruction, research and extension services.
It exists to encourage gender-responsive activities where both men and women in the institution as well as the community can equally contribute to and gain from it.
LIST OF SERVICES OFFERED
- Gender and Development
- RA 7877 – Anti-Sexual Harassment Act of 1995
- RA 9262 – Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act of 2004
- Gender Sensitivity
- Integration of GAD in the Course Syllabi
- Gender-Responsive Disaster Risk Reduction and Management